Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sinchon!

So I awkwardly realized that I had yet to take photos of where I'm actually living. The city, that is. Sinchon is absolutely a great place to be if you're someone my age. There are tons of fun things to do (노래방! 노래방!) and it's just a fun place to be. So I met with Kristen (because I was having extreme withdrawls from being cooped indoors from my sickness...) and we went out to eat! I took photos along the route to just show what Sinchon looks like from my perspective. The way I take to get to the main drag of Sinchon is really green and pretty~








And then you read the famous Yonsei crosswalk!



then through a tunnel....

And you hit the main Sinchon street! There are tons of offshoot streets to adventure down, too. I took some photos of those roads as well~









After wandering for a bit, Kristen and I decided to go to a hole-in-the-wall (almost literally) place to eat that sold Katsu!



Brightly lit and delicious! I'd list the name of the place...but to be honest, I didn't even look. All we saw was some photos and the word "Katsu" and we went on in.

We then made our way to Cafe Iceberry because we were really craving to try their waffles...and ice cream. And it was such a good decision. It was delicious!





We were able to grab the seat next to the open doors (it's on the second floor, so we were at the level with the green trees!) and we could feel the breeze and look out. It was really relaxing, but the best part came when we got our food...



Chocolate waffle with bananas that also came with a side of ice cream...it tasted like whipped cream just in ice cream form! They were so good, they tasted like soft, fresh brownies TT___TT We also got a two flavor ice cream: blueberry as one flavor and cranberry strawberry as our second! They were both amazing and even had pieces of fruit in them. So, so delicious.

And that was essentially our day!



For all those sticking with my blog and keeping up, thank you! If you have any questions, just email me and I'll gladly answer!

P.S - I'm feeling better. I've still got a stuffy nose and have chronic man-voice, but otherwise I feel as though I'm on the rebound from this cold! (knock on wood...), so for those worried, no need to fret! Also, my dad says hi to everyone. I dunno, we're talking on kakao and he wanted me to say hello!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that place looks like it has good waffles too. We had waffles from another place in Sinchon: http://marriedwithmaps.com/2015/12/09/journey-to-sinchon-food/

    ReplyDelete