Monday, October 15, 2012

Lord Sandwich and Dance Class

Today I met up with Kristen for lunch after her KLI class let out and we decided to go to Lord Sandwich. It's right down the road from SK Global and my friend KaylaAnn who was here last year said she loved the place, so we decided to check it out.


By the way, as you can see, the weather is finally getting better! It's nice and cool outside now. Anyway, this is the outside of the building. SK Global, my dorm, is literally just a hop, skip and a jump behind this building. From the outside it looks sort of like a jail so we had no idea what to expect.

I knew going in the prices would be high, as I was told by a girl in one of my classes, but the food was absolutely amazing. First of all, the inside of the building is completely different from the outside. Whoever designed this interior and building needs an award.



They even played classical music while you ate, it was awesome. I wish I could buy this place and make it my home! If I ever become a millionaire, I'm keeping this design in mind, haha. Anyway, Kristen and I both decided on a steak sandwich and iced chocolate latte. First we were brought our drinks.


Ice chocolate lattes here are essentially iced hot cocoa...delicious. Then, finally, our sandwiches. It was so, so heavenly.

It seriously was amazing. It tasted so good, and the greens they used weren't those regular lettuce greens. These were legit. And the steak was exactly like a steak back home Seriously, it was expensive, but I ate very well. The sandwich was big, too.


As you can see, we destroyed our meal (except for the tomatoes cause ew). Kristen and I sat in a really cool place with a huge photo next to us.


Anyway, it was really fun to eat there. Then, I decided to go along with Kristen to a dance class. It's a Kpop dance class and it was absolutely fun. I've never really danced before, but I wasn't half bad. This class the teacher had prepared a routine to G-Dragon's "Crayon", a super fun song.


It's probably not most people's cup of tea (at least my family reading this back home), but I happen to love the song and the dance was so fun to do. The class was taught in Korean, but extremely easy to understand. I actually had to think about the language to really notice they weren't speaking a language I understood. The teacher was awesome, too. She was so natural with her moves, I was impressed. Every so often she'd translate a lyric, but every one she did I already knew what it meant in Korean. It was a nice gesture though, haha.

I'll probably be going back every Monday because it was so fun! Today was a pretty good day, and my Busan trip starts this Friday! So for now...I'm off to work on my papers that I have to do for midterms. Ahh...

No comments:

Post a Comment